Saturday, September 26, 2009
an uncle an aunty
a cuzzie, a sister, a brother
a Mum or a Dad
Hand crafted custom made names by Fudge design. 10 colours to choose from and a gorgeous addition to any baby nursery or childs room.
I've ordered some for my kids and one for Finn's birthday - shhh, don't tell Heidi ;)
Woot Woot!!! Got a fantabulous email this week to tell us we had made the finals in TWO categories of the David Awards: heros in small business.
Here are our super official badges!
Not really, it's 10 questions in 10 minutes and we took a fairly light hearted approach but check out the names that also feature. It's rather impressive company we are keeping on that list; Annah Stretton, Carey Smith, Malcolm Rands.... how on earth did we get invited????
Must be doing something right I suppose!
Monday, September 21, 2009
The Womama Birthing Wraps arrive this week!
The sales blurb reads:
* You spend $1000’s on a wedding dress
* You spend $100’s on your cocktail frock or ball dress
* Yet you borrow your partners oversized tee for mowing the lawns to give birth to your precious baby!
Hmmm, I see their point and while it's a lovely thought to think you'll slip into your Birthing Wrap, have a few ouchy twinges and out pops a beautiful baby our experiences are that it's not quite that easy!
The reality is you may not have so much of a choice on what to actually give birth in - you might prefer to be completely naked, be in a bath or be given a hospital gown to put on. But once the big moment is over you most likely will want to be put something on that feels soft against yours and baby's skin and you can settle and enjoy your newborn snuggles.
We think this wrap is brilliant in that you can wear it during pregnancy (when nothing else will fit), post birth and as a nightie in the months after as well. And on top of that, just as the sales blurb says - it might just be the most special little black dress you will ever own.
Sunday, September 20, 2009
See the whole collection here
Here's a breakdown on why we love dulce&zoet baby and toddler slings:
What we love about Slings - Newborn
- The dulce&zoet baby slings are a fantastic way to carry your baby right from when newborn. When babies are so tiny they love the closeness and warmth of mama's body right there and it's very settling for them. For particularly fussy times (around about 5.10pm in our house!) put baby in the sling and get on with what you were doing. The rhythm of your movement as you go about your business will lull them and soothe them and my babies often drifted off asleep very easily this way.
- The sling is ideal for putting baby in when you need to pick up older children from kindy, daycare or playgroup.
- You won't have little old ladies fussing in babies face and waking them up! Your little one is tucked safely away and unless they spot the feet out one side a lot of people don't even notice you're carrying a baby.
- You can easily breastfeed in the sling and it offers privacy as well.
What we love about Slings - Older Baby
- Fantastic for quick trips to the shops or the bank when you don't want the hassle of getting out the pram. Brilliant if you have older children too because you can put baby in the sling and know you'll have your hands free to manage a breakaway toddler if need be.
What we love about Slings - Toddler
- Pick me up Mummy! Mummy I'm tiiired. Carry me Mummy!! Yes, been there. Pull your sling out of your handbag and give their tired little legs a break.
What we love about slings - for all
No buckles, no straps, no padding, just a carefully constructed sized pouch sling that will become one of your favourite items of clothing. It folds away so small you’ll never have to uhm and aah about carrying another bulky baby accessory, it’ll fit easily any purse or bag.All slings are reversible, the inside fabric is visible when you fold the sling with a twist over your shoulder (to spread the weight, adjust the sling and stop the fabric from cutting into your neck).
Saturday, September 19, 2009
The gorgeous Ute (last two pics), is the designer and creator of Mumcho's. They are the most versatile pregnancy and breastfeeding top on the market, are stylish and funky and a good investment for your baby bag.
Ute has given us these very special limited edition Ponchos on special just for Belly Beyond. Get 30% off, saving over $26.50!
- Yellow Retro Paisley
- Pink Dream
Thursday, September 17, 2009
We LOVE the Ergo brand - both Heidi and I use ours on an almost daily basis and to think that someone is flogging shoddy product with the Ergo name on it is really rank! The main thing is that these aren't safety tested - imagine carrying your little one and the buckle snaps - eeeek
Please, if you see any new 'Ergos' on Trademe selling for under $150, its most proably a fake - REPORT IT!
Belly Beyond is an authorised ERGObaby stockist. We are NZ's number 1 Ergo retailer!
Here is the warning from ERGObaby Head Office:
IMPORTANT ERGObaby WARNING
Over the past few months, increasing numbers of counterfeit ERGObaby Carriers are being offered for sale on eBay and Trade Me. Authenticity can usually be determined by comparing auction site pictures with those on our website. Additionally, if the price seems too good to be true, it probably is a fake. Counterfeit products are exempt from any manufacturer’s warranty policy, and we would caution anyone thinking about using counterfeit products about their safety, comfort and reliability.
Counterfeit ERGOs are:
· made with inferior material and parts – particularly the buckles!
· not product tested against safety standards
· not covered by any Product Insurance
· not covered by Product Warrantee
· not likely to comply with US lead-free criteria
We strongly suggest that all purchases of ERGObaby products be through authorized ERGObaby stores and webshops such as ourselves. To verify that we are an authorized retail stores, please visit: http://www.ergobabycarrier.com/retailers/
Thank you for your support in protecting the marketplace for everyone and trying to keep Australia and New Zealand ERGO rip-off free!
Monday, September 14, 2009
Can you say Per-tty?
How gorgeous is this Limited Edition Organic ERGObaby Carrier with embroidery detail? This is a true limited edition and I think it’s possibly the only one in the country, so it’s a pretty big deal! Has all the brilliant Ergo features:
· Wear 3 ways (front, hip or back carry)
· Newborn to 4+ with the same carrier
· Physiologically correct positioning for babies spine and hips
· Disperses the child’s weight to the parents hips for pain-free carrying
And we've donated it to the Slingbabies Fundraising for Kangaroo Kids in NICU.
Watch our Facebook page for more info on how to get your hands on it.
Sunday, September 13, 2009
So is it a funny play on modern motherhood or soft porn? I'm in the modern motherhood camp all the way and Mr Belly Beyond can attest pregnancy is a good thing in his house :)
What do you think?
Thursday, September 10, 2009
A blog from Heidi:
Ok, so Mr Belly Beyond and I had decided that two was enough, what with my high blood pressure, the last few months of the last pregnancy being pretty tough and Finn's eventful birth, but...
I have just unpacked more Womama stock and my first MSN to Lou was the Womama pants and tops make me want another baby just so i can wear it!!
Friday, September 4, 2009
Well would ye look at that. Some clever cookie actually made a better hair tie. A few blog posts back I recommended using a hair tie to cope with an expanding belly but after trying the Tummy Tie I'm a convert.
Unlike the hairtie, the TummyTie won't stretch out of shape and it sits flat. You get 3 in a pack so it's worth the investment given you won't need to buy any maternity clothing!
I cannot wait to get my hands on this. Even my four year old needs some help in the wee waves so it'll be great to be able to take my little fella in and be hands free to help Miss 4. The same sling will fit Mr Belly Beyond too so that's an extra bonus!
Coming soon to www.bellybeyond.co.nz
Thursday, September 3, 2009
Funny, I don't think my kids look like that at all, Finn looks as scrummy as normal.
Wednesday, September 2, 2009
Watch the look on Miss 4's face as she sneaks down the side to get in behind the camera, classic!