Friday, May 15, 2009

'Extended' breast feeding


I'm still proudly breast feeding my son and I have noticed that he is reaching an age where peoples comments are shifting from "good on you" and "haven't you done well" to "are you still feeding him?" or the worst "gosh, you should really do something about that!"

My son is almost 18 months and I just don't think it should be that big of a deal and I will continue until he lets me know that he is ready to stop.

If you see a Mama breast feeding her toddler, give her a smile instead of a frown - she is doing the best thing for her little one !

3 comments:

stickytiki said...

Ha ha people are funny...its only boob for goodness sake (and your boobs for that matter) I got the same with mine as well, i think when hes running to the school fence at aged 7 and feeding then maybe you could look at cutting back..but 18 mths!!! xx

Desiree said...

Of course it's great for you to be breastfeeding an 18 month old -- or a 24 months old, or a three year old!
Shush to all the nay sayers!
And congrats!

Sara Elizabeth said...

My fiance has a co-worker who breastfed her children until her milk ran dry. She breastfed one until they were 4 years old. It's healthy. It's natural. It's good for the child. :o)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I am hopping over from the Blog-A-Thon. I am trying to hit everyone this weekend (I have a lot of hopping to do). *hehe*

Have a wonderful and safe three day weekend!

(I am #117, #118, and #119)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails