Sunday, July 12, 2009

Big Friday - From Awards to Auckland Tweet Up

Had an interesting Friday night. First off was the official Finalists Cocktail briefing for the Waitakere Business Awards. What a humbling experience that was when they read off the names of some of previous recipients - Alloy Yachts, Babich Wines, Douglas Pharmaceuticals. Talk about playing with the big boys!

We are a Finalist in two Categories - I will let the big screen do the talking!




Even the briefing was valuable as we made a lot contacts and I look forward to following those up this week.

Then from there, straight to the Auckland Tweet Up at the Brooklyn Lounge. After some fierce negotiations with the parking machines at the Aotea Centre, I finally sorted out the parking and headed over the road.

I will be honest, I was expecting 5 people sitting in a corner so imagine my surprise when I saw the Private Function sign and opened the door to what seemed like 40+ people! And not one of them had two heads.

The lovely @WendyWings recognised me and gave me wave so I headed in that direction. @corinh and I kept a watch on the goings on from our prime corner perch. The evening progressed and I although there were lots of people I didn't have a chance to chat (@texanoutofwater springs to mind) I did really enjoy meeting everyone - you are all so normal (well, mostly)

Special mentions also to @thewinevault, @rustycharm, @lewisbostock, @cateMowen, @velofille, @adagebusiness, @rgoodchild, @missannjane (great idea in the first palce!) @natebasso, @cheep_tweeter (who spent the night saying, not that sort of cheap!)

There were stacks of others I didn't get a chance to talk to properly so I am definitely keen for the next Tweet up.

p.s. Big thanks to my gorgeous husband who tucked the kids into bed which allowed me to go out and have some fun

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails