Thursday, July 30, 2009

It's ok. Feed your baby.

So World Breastfeeding Week kicks off tomorrow - yay! Heidi and I have launched a campaign of sorts of our own based on the shocking results to the breastfeeding questions in our recent customer survey (by the way, you guys gave us super high praise so thanks for that!).


The image that's been used came about because we were having some shots done for a magazine article on Mums in Business (or Mumpreneurs as we call ourselves) and both our boys wanted to have a feed. Originally the shot was only ever going to be for our private albums but on compiling the survey results we just felt compelled to do something to reassure other Mums that it really is ok to feed your baby, whenever they need to be fed!

We firmly believe that it shouldn't be a big deal to see a woman breastfeeding, no matter how old her child is, and the more that it's seen in everyday life and in the media, the better.

Go forth and breast feed!!

1 comment:

~*~Ashlee~*~ said...

Way to Go, girls!
I just did a note on my blog about breastfeeding in public too! http://barleyandserene.wordpress.com/

I've never really had a problem with it, because my baby's needs always come first and its generally better recieved to have a quiet contented fed baby than a hungry screaming one! But I can understand women's concerns and embarrassment at a time when they are already embrassaed, body traumatised, sensitive and hormonal.

Anyway, brilliant campaign! I would love to support it so let me know how I can help/spread the word/post pics on my site etc :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails