Thursday, July 30, 2009

Breast feeding

Heidi talks about breast feeding:
She has Mr Teen (13) and Master Squiddly (7 months) - although she's only breast feeding one of them ;)

First time around
it just didn’t click, I never asked for help and as a consequence I struggled; I was disappointed that something so natural was hard for me. I really thought everyone took to breast feeding with no worries at all. That I was only being taught to feed lying down limited my public breastfeeding experiences to say the least and looking back now I wish I had friends at that time that were breastfeeding.

Second time around
and 13 years later I am proud to have mastered the art of breastfeeding, hey I can do it sitting, standing and lying down so mastered it I have! I attribute it to a positive frame of mind before the birth, knowledge and fantastic support. I am proud that I have done it and because of that I am happy to feed Finn anywhere, anytime...................if anyone stares at least I know it’s not because I’m horizontal in the middle of the food court!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails