Thursday, May 20, 2010

The Don't-Want-Do-Want Monster

We have a problem.

The Don't-Want-Do-Want Monster has moved in and looks to be making himself pretty damn comfortable here.  You know the story - tired 2 year old who doesn't quite have the communication skill to verbally express what it is he needs to get back on track.

Would you like a cuddle?  "Noooooooooo"

Would you like a mandarin or would you like an apple?  "Nooooooooo"

Put both away.  "wait! wait!".   Would you like a madarin?  "noooooooo".  Put it away "wait, wait". And so on and so on.

I have actually just asked him if he'd like a chocolate biscuit and he's shrieked as if I'd suggested that I was about to force feed him brussel sprouts.

So if you happen to see us out and about, one screaming 2 year old and one frazzled mother repeating under her breath "it's just a phase, it's just a phase" feel free to point and laugh.

2 comments:

jacqui said...

Oh yes I completely empathise and laughed in sympathy reading the post! Just going through the same thing now with my 22mth old, in full force. I wouldn't be laughing if I saw you out and about, I would probably offer you a hug :)

stickytiki said...

I have a three year old little feisty thing (not sure where she gets it from ;) For the first time in my parenting (three of mine and two step) I have started a naughty corner..the only thing is we all get the giggles because little Miss is the only one who ever goes there ! :)
Good luck!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails